Toll free: 877-887-2740
- BA degree in History (with high honors), Ouachita Baptist University (Arkansas), 1976
- JD degree (with honors), University of Arkansas, 1979
- member and associate editor, The Arkansas Law Review
Practice Positions and Experience
- 1979-1988: The Strong Law Firm (then Strong, Placzek & Wooddell)
- 1988-present: Bruer Wooddell & Harrell, P.C.
In both firms, for more than 30 years, John's practice has been focused on representing individuals and families in personal injury and wrongful death claims. For well over 20 years, his practice has emphasized medical negligence cases.
John is admitted to practice before all Missouri courts, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, the Eighth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Professional Activities and Honors
- The Missouri Bar
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 1995 to 1998
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA)
- Board of Governors, 1998 present
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow (a peer-selected legal services organization made up of experienced trial lawyers selected on the basis of demonstrated trial skill, professionalism, and character)
- First Recipient (2007) of The Thomas G. Strong Trial Attorney Award (presented by MATA to one Missouri attorney who best exemplifies the qualities of professionalism, ethics, character, and courtroom success)
- Missouri Appellate Judicial Commission, member (elected in 2007 for a six-year term)
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2009 to present
- author of numerous publications and presentations for The Missouri Bar, MATA, and other organizations
Personal / Family
- born Hot Springs, Arkansas, 1953
- married to Elaine since 1978, two adult daughters